Join the authors behind the Future of finance research in this series of webinars as they discuss their findings.
Changing role and mandate of finance
Today, finance has a mandate to go beyond its core accounting role, as described by senior finance executives in the Association’s research into the future of finance. In this first webinar, the authours will discuss:
- the basic activities that are the essential DNA of every finance function
- the broad roles within the finance function
- how the finance function must transform in order to meet the changing mandate.
Download the Changing role and mandate of finance emerging theme research paper.
Changing technology and finance
Advancements in technology are changing the skills of finance professionals. However, too many organisations are struggling with the pace of change, constantly having to react rather than lead with technological innovation. In this second part our researchers discuss:
- the current technological tools you need to be aware of that are disrupting the finance function
- the impact that these tools, individually and in combination, are having on the finance function
- how technological automation is shifting the skills requirement of the finance professional
- the types of organisations that, typically, are early adopters of technology.
Download the Changing technology and finance emerging theme research paper.
Changing shape of the finance function
As expectations and skills evolve, the shape of the finance function is migrating from a traditional hierarchical triangle to a hexagonal structure where expert teams collaborate as equals to achieve shared corporate objectives. Watch this webinar to learn:
- how and why the shape is changing
- how service areas within the finance function are evolving
- the changing skills sets of finance professionals.
Download the Changing shape of the finance function emerging theme research paper.
Changing competencies and mindsets
Looking to the future, the use of technology in the finance function is creating a model of ‘intelligence augmentation’ where the technical capabilities of robotics and algorithms combine with the creativity and empathy of human accountants. Tune into this webinar to discover:
- how technological automation is shifting the competency skills set required by finance professionals
- the concept of a growth mindset
- the increasing need for us all to learn and relearn continually, as new technologies replace our timeworn skills and knowledge.
Download the Changing competencies and mindsets emerging theme research paper.