Whether it knows it or not, almost every business of any size 'does' treasury: the administration of its financial assets and holdings with the aim of optimizing liquidity, ensuring the right investments are made and reducing risk.
Treasury practices have become significantly more complex since the global financial crisis. The landscape is abounding in uncertainty and risks. At the same time, big data and value chain financing are providing new and powerful opportunities to evolve how organizations 'do' treasury.
The dynamic nature of treasury is challenging those responsible for it. With its emphasis on cash, risk and markets, treasury differs from other finance activities. The complexity of instruments, systems and interactions with the business, both operationally and strategically, means that some of the skills needed for treasury are specialized.
Written in partnership with the Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT), the chartered body for treasury, and drawing on its technical expertise and treasury competency framework, this treasury resource will prove invaluable to management accountants who recognize these new challenges and wish to develop the capabilities to take advantage of the related opportunities.
- ACT Treasury Competency Framework
- Cash Flow Modelling
- CGMA Competency Framework
- Cost Transformation Model
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Essential Tools for Management Accountants
- Financial risk management: Market risk tools and techniques
- Global Management Accounting Principles
- How to evaluate capital expenditures and other long-term investments
- Risk Heat Maps
- Risk Management Toolkit
- Scenario planning: Providing insight for impact