Work is changing. More and more tasks are becoming automated and artificial intelligence (AI) is improving. Industries are being disrupted. While change has been a constant for decades, the pace of innovation is increasing.
The World Economic Forum predicts that 5 years from now, more than a third of skills considered important today will no longer be relevant. And that all jobs will require new core skills as early as 2020. You’ll need to evolve or you risk being left behind. The solution however is simple, “to beat the bot you need to be more human.”
To help you prepare for the future workplace, we’re creating new learning opportunities (both free and paid for) – details below.
- Staying relevant as the machines get smarter (podcast)
Explore emerging technologies and how they can make the world a healthier and happier place.
- Finance transformation: manage disruption certificate (online course)
Find out why and how the business environment is changing and how the finance team can respond.
- Managing change (online course)
Identify practical tools and techniques to successfully lead individuals through organizational change.
- MBAexpress: effective change management (online course)
Identify methods and ideas to consider when managing change in your organisation.
- The changing shape of the finance function (report)
Discover the evolving shape of the finance function in the digital age.
- Adaptive leadership (podcast)
Learn how to drive adoption in times of disruptive change.
Coaching and mentoring
- Coaching and mentoring to drive value (video)
Get expert tips to build a coaching culture in your organisation.
- How to build a coaching culture (article)
Learn five steps to help organisations adapt to a changing business environment.
- Reframing how you think about feedback (video)
Discover how feedback can be a catalyst to improve performance.
- Coaching and Mentoring (online course)
The differences between coaching and mentoring, so you can improve performance.
- Coaching in a disruptive world (podcast)
Discover how coaching can help individuals, teams and organisations grow new momentum.
- How reverse mentoring works (article)
Learn how pairing senior executives with junior colleagues can benefit both parties.
- Sponsorship mentorship (video)
Find out how sponsorship improves performance.
- Performance-management nirvana (podcast)
Hear how CFOs can optimise processes to rise above the ‘spreadsheet trap’.
- Think like a CEO (video)
Identify the key components of a successful leader and the importance of taking time to think.
- Time management (online course)
Tips for time crunched professionals.
- Relationship-building advice from a career diplomat (article)
Explore how to develop and sustain key business relationships.
- Empowering employees in digital transformation (article)
Find out how to care for your employees whilst driving digital transformation.
- Optimizing performance through listening and observing (online course)
Learn how to listen to and observe others so you can optimize your own work performance, and that of your colleagues.
Motivating and inspiring
- Lead with inspired authenticity (video)
Discover why it’s essential to be yourself if you want to connect with others.
- How managers can foster initiative (article)
Train your team to look beyond the playbook.
- Beyond Maslow: the new motivations (podcast)
Learn how ordinary people tap into their deepest internal motivations and achieve extraordinary things as leaders.
- Fail safe strategies to conquer conflict at work (video)
Identify the main causes of interpersonal conflict, and how to overcome them.
- Get aligned, not just onlined (podcast)
Discover effective ways to build high-performing remote teams.
- MBAexpress: Team work and high performance teams (online course)
Learn the principles of improvisation and how they relate to building high performance teams.
- Leadership is about people, not just profits (article)
Discover how to mobilise, strengthen and drive your team to add value.
- Creating a culture of blameless problem-solving (article)
Learn why companies that learn from mistakes have the potential for greatness.
- Why boards must focus on talent beyond the C-suite (article)
Develop and execute more robust talent strategies.
- Crucial conversations (video)
Discover how to manage conversations that have high stakes, opposing opinions and strong emotions.
- Find your inner extrovert: communication skills for accounting leaders (video)
Review specific techniques to improve your communication skills in three critical areas: listening, writing and presenting.
- MBAexpress: Presenting numbers for impact (online course)
Find out how to effectively deliver numbers-oriented information to non-financial audiences.
- Powerful communication (online course)
Establish how to enhance your communication skills to maximise your influence and overall effectiveness.
- Communicating finance to non-finance leaders (video)
Identify stategies to better influence and collaborate with non-financial business leaders.
- Listening for insights (video)
Discover the benefits of active listening to help uncover the deeper meaning of what’s being said.
- Power-up your presentations (video)
Learn how to develop compelling presentations.
- Ten second test (video)
Find out whether you are an introvert or extrovert and how that impacts your interactions with others.
- Emotional intelligence (video)
Learn how to grow your emotional intelligence.
- Make your mark with your professional brand (video)
Discover how to build your professional brand and make an impact in your organisation.
- Professional brand (video) Free
Discover your brand and how to develop your professional reputation.
Negotiation and decision-making
- Decision-making: the determining factor for business (article)
Learn why management accountants are essential to good decision-making.
- The problem is the solution (article & video)
Discover the four step process for better problem solving.
- Decision-making (video)
Find out why effective decision-making is crucial for business success.
- Decision-making in disruptive times (video)
Learn about the human elements of decision-making and the importance of leading with facts and data.