Work is changing. More and more tasks are becoming automated and artificial intelligence (AI) is improving. Industries are being disrupted. While change has been a constant for decades, the pace of innovation is increasing.
The World Economic Forum predicts that 5 years from now, more than a third of skills considered important today will no longer be relevant. And that all jobs will require new core skills as early as 2020. You’ll need to evolve or you risk being left behind. The solution however is simple, “to beat the bot you need to be more human.”
To help you prepare for the future workplace, we’re creating new learning opportunities (both free and paid for) – details below.
- Go beyond the robots: how artificial intelligence will change your job (video)
Discover how artificial intelligence will impact you, your team and your organisation.
- Leading change and business partnering (video)
Find out how to become a better business partner with the ability to drive transformational change.
- MBAexpress: effective change management (online course)
Identify methods and ideas to consider when managing change in your organisation.
- Accouting in extraordinary times: the future of finance (report)
Read an introduction to the Association’s future of finance research.
- How to lead and succeed in exponential times (video)
Learn how to lead in volatile, uncertain and ambiguous times.
- Transformative leadership in finance (video)
Determine how to lead during major organisational change.
- What skills will you need in the future (article)
Read a guide to growing and developing finance teams in a time of tumultuous change.
Coaching and mentoring
- Become an effective coach (online course)
Explore individual coaching and the value it could bring to your organisation.
- How to build a coaching culture (article)
Learn five steps to help organisations adapt to a changing business environment.
- Reframing how you think about feedback (video)
Discover how feedback can be a catalyst to improve performance.
- Improve the organisation’s performance (online course)
Explore how to use coaching to help your organisation drive results and manage risk.
- Improve your leadership effectiveness (online course)
Learn how to assess your leadership skills and increase your effectiveness through self-coaching.
- Mom, manager, mentor (video)
Analyse how to leverage your strengths.
- Leadership insights (video)
Determine the capabilities required to lead in complex times.
- Think like a CEO (video)
Identify the key components of a successful leader and the importance of taking time to think.
- Top 7 characteristics of successful C-suite leaders (video)
Explore the top seven characteristics of C-suite leaders.
- CFO to CEO (video)
Establish what it takes to become the CEO.
- How creativity bookends big data (video)
Review the steps commonly used in the creative process and how to get unstuck when you have a creative block.
- How to get along while getting things done (article)
Explore how the four tendencies framework helps explain every aspect of our behaviour.
- Innovative leadership (video)
Hear career tips and experiences from Catherine Engelbert, CEO at Deloitte.
- Lessons in leadership (video)
Find out what all great leaders have in common.
- Performance is everything (Book)
Learn how to align compensation and performance management plans.
Motivating and inspiring
- Lead with inspired authenticity (video)
Discover why it’s essential to be yourself if you want to connect with others.
- Mindful leadership (video)
Learn how to cultivate mindfulness to help combat stress in the workplace.
- Productivity ninja: think productive (video)
Explore how to manage attention and focus, projects, actions, choices and habits.
- Driving innovation (video)
Learn about different models of innovation and the role that intrinsic and extrinsic motivation plays in engaging your team.
- Fail safe strategies to conquer conflict at work (video)
Identify the main causes of interpersonal conflict, and how to overcome them.
- How to build a brilliant finance team (article)
Discover how the right skills and mindset can help build a brilliant, high-impact team.
- Improve your team’s effectiveness (online course)
Identify five best practices to build a strong and supportive team.
- Backpack to briefcase: millenials in the workplace (video)
Learn how to develop onboarding programmes to recruit and retain the best talent.
- Managing decentralised workforces (video)
Explore the latest collaboration and communication technologies to improve decentralised team performance.
- The importance of diversificiation in the workplace (video)
Examine trends, factors and strategies related to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.
- The new workforce (video)
Identify strategies to successfully build and retain a rich and diverse workforce.
Collaboration and partnering
- Big collaboration (video)
Uncover the key to being more likeable and discover how this can help you be a better collaborator.
- Evolution of controllership (video)
Learn how the role of controller has changed.
- The finance & accounting team as strategist and partner to the business (online course)
Explore nine criteria for successful business partnerships.
- Leading change and business partnering (video)
Learn how to become a better partner whilst driving transformational change.
- Crucial conversations (video)
Discover how to manage conversations that have high stakes, opposing opinions and strong emotions.
- Find your inner extrovert: communication skills for accounting leaders (video)
Review specific techniques to improve your communication skills in three critical areas: listening, writing and presenting.
- MBAexpress: Presenting numbers for impact (online course)
Find out how to effectively deliver numbers-oriented information to non-financial audiences.
- Powerful communication (online course)
Establish how to enhance your communication skills to maximise your influence and overall effectiveness.
- Communicating finance to non-finance leaders (video)
Identify stategies to better influence and collaborate with non-financial business leaders.
- Listening for insights (video)
Discover the benefits of active listening to help uncover the deeper meaning of what’s being said.
- Power-up your presentations (video)
Learn how to develop compelling presentations.
- Ten second test (video)
Find out whether you are an introvert or extrovert and how that impacts your interactions with others.
- Emotional intelligence (video)
Learn how to grow your emotional intelligence.
- Lead like a legend: how to master your influence (online course)
Identify the common characteristics of legendary leaders.
- Make your mark with your professional brand (video)
Discover how to build your professional brand and make an impact in your organisation.
- Ego vs EQ (video)
Learn how to set aside your ego and take back your emotional intelligence (EQ).
- How to be the most effective leader in your business (video)
Increase your influence on the strategic and operational decisions impacting your business.
- Professional brand (video) Free
Discover your brand and how to develop your professional reputation.
- Self-awareness (video) Free
Learn why self-awareness is crucial to leadership success.
- Women of the global board room (video)
Pinpoint how to overcome the barriers women face in the boardroom.
Negotiation and decision-making
- Decision-making: the determining factor for business (article)
Learn why management accountants are essential to good decision-making.
- Joining the dots: being a decision-maker (video)
Discover how integrated thinking can help address common decision-making challenges.
- The problem is the solution (article & video)
Discover the four step process for better problem solving.