Work is changing. More and more tasks are becoming automated and artificial intelligence (AI) is improving. Industries are being disrupted. While change has been a constant for decades, the pace of innovation is increasing.
The World Economic Forum predicts that 5 years from now, more than a third of skills considered important today will no longer be relevant. And that all jobs will require new core skills as early as 2020. You’ll need to evolve or you risk being left behind. The solution however is simple, “to beat the bot you need to be more human.”
To help you prepare for the future workplace, we’re creating new learning opportunities (both free and paid for) – details below.
- Go beyond the robots: how artificial intelligence will change your job (video)
- Discover how artificial intelligence will impact you, your team and your organisation.
- Leading change and business partnering (video)
Find out how to become a better business partner with the ability to drive transformational change.
- Leading vs Managing (online course)
Recall the synergies and differences between leading and managing.
- MBAexpress: effective change management (online course)
Identify methods and ideas to consider when managing change in your organisation.
- Accouting in extraordinary times: the future of finance (report)
Read an introduction to the Association’s future of finance research.
- What skills will you need in the future (article)
Read a guide to growing and developing finance teams in a time of tumultuous change.
Coaching and mentoring
- Become an effective coach (online course)
Explore individual coaching and the value it could bring to your organisation.
- How to build a coaching culture (article)
Learn five steps to help organisations adapt to a changing business environment.
- Reframing how you think about feedback (video)
Discover how feedback can be a catalyst to improve performance.
- Coaching and Mentoring (online course)
The differences between coaching and mentoring, so you can improve performance.
- Improve the organisation’s performance (online course)
Explore how to use coaching to help your organisation drive results and manage risk.
- Improve your leadership effectiveness (online course)
Learn how to assess your leadership skills and increase your effectiveness through self-coaching.
- Mom, manager, mentor (video)
Analyse how to leverage your strengths.
- Leadership insights (video)
Determine the capabilities required to lead in complex times.
- Think like a CEO (video)
Identify the key components of a successful leader and the importance of taking time to think.
- How creativity bookends big data (video)
Review the steps commonly used in the creative process and how to get unstuck when you have a creative block.
- How to get along while getting things done (article)
Explore how the four tendencies framework helps explain every aspect of our behaviour.
- Lessons in leadership (video)
Find out what all great leaders have in common.
- Performance is everything (book)
Learn how to align compensation and performance management plans.
Motivating and inspiring
- Lead with inspired authenticity (video)
- Discover why it’s essential to be yourself if you want to connect with others.
- Mindful leadership (video)
Learn how to cultivate mindfulness to help combat stress in the workplace.
- Driving innovation (video)
Learn about different models of innovation and the role that intrinsic and extrinsic motivation plays in engaging your team.
- Emotional Intelligence (online course)
Identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others.
- Fail safe strategies to conquer conflict at work (video)
Identify the main causes of interpersonal conflict, and how to overcome them.
- How to build a brilliant finance team (article)
Discover how the right skills and mindset can help build a brilliant, high-impact team.
- Improve your team’s effectiveness (online course)
Identify five best practices to build a strong and supportive team.
- Crucial conversations (video)
Discover how to manage conversations that have high stakes, opposing opinions and strong emotions.
- Find your inner extrovert: communication skills for accounting leaders (video)
Review specific techniques to improve your communication skills in three critical areas: listening, writing and presenting.
- MBAexpress: Presenting numbers for impact (online course)
Find out how to effectively deliver numbers-oriented information to non-financial audiences.
- Powerful communication (online course)
Establish how to enhance your communication skills to maximise your influence and overall effectiveness.
- Communicating finance to non-finance leaders (video)
Identify stategies to better influence and collaborate with non-financial business leaders.
- Listening for insights (video)
Discover the benefits of active listening to help uncover the deeper meaning of what’s being said.
- Power-up your presentations (video)
Learn how to develop compelling presentations.
- Ten second test (video)
Find out whether you are an introvert or extrovert and how that impacts your interactions with others.
- Emotional intelligence (video)
Learn how to grow your emotional intelligence.
- Make your mark with your professional brand (video)
Discover how to build your professional brand and make an impact in your organisation.
- Professional brand (video) Free
Discover your brand and how to develop your professional reputation.
Negotiation and decision-making
- Decision-making: the determining factor for business (article)
Learn why management accountants are essential to good decision-making.
- The problem is the solution (article & video)
Discover the four step process for better problem solving.
- Decision-making (video)
Find out why effective decision-making is crucial for business success.
- Decision-making in disruptive times (video)
Learn about the human elements of decision-making and the importance of leading with facts and data.