In driving towards greater levels of cost efficiency and improved service provision, many organisations have turned to establishing shared service centres. But are shared service centres always a guaranteed solution to achieving a satisfactory price/service balance and what conditions are likely to ensure successful shared service implementations?
- Explore the key characteristics and benefits of shared services
- Determine the appropriate preconditions for a shared service
- Evaluate the cause and effect of unintended consequences
- Measure the value created to better understand the real needs of the end user of the services
- Analyse the most effective ways to charge for services to ensure fairness and transparency
- Compare the cost of shared services against the cost of outsourcing