CGMA Strategic Level Case Study Exam Study Aids
Learn more about the CGMA Exam
Look at the following materials to understand how the CGMA exam works:
- An explanation of the CGMA Exam Structure - Video
- What are the CGMA Exam Competencies? - Video
- How to navigate the CGMA exam - Video
- How is the CGMA Exam Graded, and what is a passing grade? - Video
- What do the grade descriptors mean in my CGMA exam score? - PDF document
- View an actual graded CGMA exam - PDF document
- What two forms of ID does the Pearson VUE test center require to check in? - Pearson VUE website
- Find out more about what you’ll see when checking into the Pearson VUE test center - Pearson VUE website
- CGMA Practice Exam - Pearson VUE website
How to Access and Use the CGMA Exam Prep Video Review Course
- This short video walks you through accessing the CGMA Exam Prep Video Review Course.
- To find out how to navigate and use the CGMA Exam Prep Video Review Course, watch this short video.
Assessment – where am I?
Take the Management Accounting Self-Assessment to help you determine which courses you need to brush up on in the CGMA Strategic Management Accounting online bundle.
Ask yourself these questions to determine your readiness to sit for the CGMA Case Study Exam.
Check out this simulation which takes you inside the responsibilities and roles of a CGMA through a series of strategic scenarios. Mock meetings give you a sneak peek at some of the skillsets needed to qualify for a CGMA designation, plus you’ll get a chance to assess some of your own strengths and growth opportunities. Plan about 15 minutes for this activity.
Use the following resources to prepare for the CGMA exam:
- Review past exams and answers to get an idea of the type of tasks you may encounter in your own CGMA exam.
- Look at the most recent pre-seen materials for the CGMA exam. This material is released about 7 weeks prior to the start of each exam window and it is required reading if you are preparing to sit for the upcoming CGMA exam.
- Review the CGMA Learning in 3 Phases for details on tasks to accomplish in each phase of the exam preparation process.
- Learn how to approach writing your responses to the exam questions.
- Learn some tips on how to approach writing a report. The CGMA exam may ask you to write in a variety of formats, and this report style touches upon some great generalized advice as well.
- Read this guide to discover the the Dos and Don’ts of CGMA Exam Prep.
Register for the CGMA Exam
Are you ready to register for your CGMA exam sitting?
First, be sure that you have submitted this form, or contacted AICPA Member Services at 888-777-7077, M-F, 9a-6p ET, to request that your Pearson VUE account is created.
Then, register on our test partner Pearson VUE's site.
If you prefer, you can register over the phone: 1-800-997-1243
Pearson VUE Office Hours:
7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. CT