Management Accountants in Academia
The CGMA designation recognizes your experience and expertise in the field of management accounting and connects you with a wealth of tools and resources you can use to prepare your students for the demands of the marketplace. As their instructor and mentor, your words and actions are shaping the profession of the future.
Resources for Higher Education
Access exclusive CGMA College Classroom Resources, used by professional management accountants from around the world, for use in your classroom.
Become a CGMA
To obtain the CGMA designation, you must be a regular AICPA member, and
- pass a strategic case study examination
- have been awarded a research-based doctorate degree in accounting or related business field* at an accredited academic institution, and
- have taught at least four college courses in accounting or a related business field* at an accredited academic institution.
* Related business fields include economics, finance, information systems or other disciplines associated with the strategic management and operations of a business.
See more qualifying experience.
Adding the CGMA letters after your CPA enables you to demonstrate your position as a thought leader to an audience of both business leaders and your peers.
With access to leading-edge research and practical tools, CGMA designation holders are driving performance and transforming their organizations and institutions. CGMA designation holders are part of a worldwide network of trusted business strategists who stay at the forefront of management accounting and set themselves apart as knowledge experts within the profession.
CGMA resources are designed to enhance your perspective and challenge your thinking. As a CGMA designation holder, you would have access to a suite of benefits, including:
- FM | Financial Management magazine — Delivers the depth and insight to stay ahead. Both online and in print, it’s your source for management accounting news, in-depth analysis of key business issues and best practices for management accountants.
- Reports — Discover leading-edge research, tools and techniques, and strategic insights from award-winning experts on key issues facing businesses in the global economy like the talent pipeline, risk and performance management and human capital.
- Tools — Drive best practices with a comprehensive and growing portfolio of tools spanning a variety of topics, ranging from strategy and business planning, to risk management, performance management, and navigating ethical issues.
- Career and Business Case Studies — CGMAs are guiding critical business decisions and driving strong business performance all over the world using management accounting research, tools and techniques.
- Videos – Access our growing library of videos from thought leaders and decision makers in the profession.
Become a CGMA Designation Holder
There are two ways that you can make the first move:
- Join by clicking here, or
- Call our service center at 888.777.7077 and a representative will walk you through the sign up process.
Not an AICPA member? Click here to complete and submit a membership application.