We are working with and providing resources to universities around the world about the value of a career in management accounting and the benefits of CGMA, such as leadership skills, higher salaries and increased core business competencies. By providing these resources to accounting and finance faculty globally, we will foster innovative business and academic-valued solutions through consultation, partnerships, best practices, policies and training.
Academic partners receive key resources to aide in counseling students about careers in management accounting. These resources include:
- Business games
- Regular CGMA updates
- Career awareness materials
Academic partners also may receive the below resources and services to increase their understanding of the CGMA designation:
- Global current events – put into perspective for academics to use in the classroom.
- Thought leadership – our latest releases made relevant for academics.
- Expedited pathway – an option for academics to become CGMAs.
- Webinars – developed for academics to learn best practices, such as how to teach CGMA mini cases.
- Research – promoting and developing the science of management accounting.
- Authorship opportunities (New!) – review and update former CGMA exam case studies for publication.
Academic partners also may receive exclusive discounts on products for classroom or individual use to increase their knowledge of emerging topics in management accounting:
- Certificate programs and digital badges (New!)
Below is a list of the resources currently available to our academic partners.
- Primer for the CGMA Designation and CGMA Finance Leadership Program (US student version)
- PowerPoint Presentation Primer for the CGMA Designation and CGMA Finance Leadership Program (US student version)
- CGMA Academics Overview Tri-Fold
- Business Game Synopsis
- Aedis Homes
- Aedis Homes suggested answers
- JOT Toy Company communication and suggested answers
- JOT Toy ethical dilemma
- JOT Toy ethical dilemma suggested answers
- Kadgee Clothing
- Kadgee Clothing suggested answers
- Mackintosh Grant (New!)
- Mackintosh Grant suggested answers
- NHS Trust (New!)
- NHS Trust suggested answers
- Paradise Park
- Paradise Park suggested answers
- X-Max Systems
- X-Max Systems suggested answers
- YJ Oil & Gas (New!)
- YJ Oil & Gas suggested answers
- YJ Oil and Gas Ethical Dilemma (New!)
- YJ Oil and Gas Ethical Dilemma Suggested Answers
- Zurich Noch (New!)
- Zurich Noch suggested answers
CGMA Academic Champions Program
The CGMA Academic Champions Program is a community of management accounting academics who receive resources and support through the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants. Champions have access to a rich array of customized exam materials, syllabus overviews, and student content, along with invitations to exclusive meetings and events that discuss new CGMA initiatives. To learn more about the community or to sign up, click here.
CIMA Academic Partner Excellence Awards
The Global CGMA University and Academic Center of Excellence (COE) launched the CIMA Academic Partner Excellence Awards in 2020 to recognize Academic Partners who have worked tirelessly to equip CIMA-qualified graduates and students for future-ready careers. We received an overwhelming response and on December 11 we announced the 2020 winners during our inaugural virtual celebration with over 300 academic partners and students around the world. Click here to view the winners.
Learn more about the awards program.
Applications and nominations for the 2021 CIMA Academic Partner Excellence Awards will open in March 2021.
Email our CGMA academic partner team at firstname.lastname@example.org.