We are working with and providing resources to universities around the world about the value of a career in management accounting and the benefits of CGMA, such as leadership skills, higher salaries and increased core business competencies. By providing these resources to accounting and finance faculty globally, we will foster innovative business and academic-valued solutions through consultation, partnerships, best practices, policies and training.
Academic partners receive key resources to aide in counseling students about careers in management accounting. These resources include:
- Business games
- Regular CGMA updates
- Career awareness materials
Academic partners also may receive the below resources and services to increase their understanding of the CGMA designation:
- Global current events – put into perspective for academics to use in the classroom.
- Thought leadership – our latest releases made relevant for academics.
- Expedited pathway – an option for academics to become CGMAs.
- Webinars – developed for academics to learn best practices, such as how to teach CGMA mini cases.
- Research – promoting and developing the science of management accounting.
- Authorship opportunities (New!) – review and update former CGMA exam case studies for publication.
Academic partners also may receive exclusive discounts on products for classroom or individual use to increase their knowledge of emerging topics in management accounting:
- Certificate programs and digital badges (New!)
Below is a list of the resources currently available to our academic partners.
- Primer for the CGMA Designation and CGMA Finance Leadership Program (US student version)
- PowerPoint Presentation Primer for the CGMA Designation and CGMA Finance Leadership Program (US student version)
- CGMA Academics Overview Tri-Fold
- Business Game Synopsis
- Paradise Park (New!)
- Paradise Park suggested answers
- X-Max Systems (New!)
- X-Max Systems suggested answers
- Aedis Homes
- Aedis Homes suggested answers
- JOT Toy Company communication and suggested answers
- JOT Toy ethical dilemma
- JOT Toy ethical dilemma suggested answers
- Kadgee Clothing
- Kadgee Clothing suggested answers
- AICPA Academic Certificate Programs PowerPoint (New!)
- AICPA Academic Certificate Programs Pricing (New!)
CIMA Academic Partner Excellence Awards
For over 100 years, the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (through the work of CIMA) has helped to lead the management accounting profession to advance careers and prepare members and students for the future. To help celebrate the next 100 years, the Global CGMA University and Academic Center of Excellence has launched the CIMA Academic Partner Excellence Awards to recognize Academic Partners who have worked tirelessly to equip CIMA-qualified graduates and students for future-ready careers.
Timeline for the 2020 awards:
April 1 – August 31: Applications or nomination forms are open for submission
September 1 – October 31: Notification of short-listing and interviews will begin for selected academics
November 1– February 28, 2021 – Announcement of award winners
Academic Partner Excellence Awards Resources:
- To learn more about the CIMA Academic Partner Excellence Awards, download the PDF brochure.
- To find out if you’re eligible to apply, take the 5 minutes self-assessment.
- To apply for an award, fill out the online application.
- To recommend a university academic for an award, fill out this form.
Email our CGMA academic partner team at firstname.lastname@example.org.