The 2015 managing responsible business report highlights three clusters of critical questions that organisations should address to manage responsible business.
Human rights – the emerging business issue
- With multiple business concerns vying for attention, how are different demands and policies prioritised and actioned?
- With a growing focus on human rights, how are associated risks assessed and addressed, both within the organisation and in the wider value chain?
Reporting on what’s right – ethical information and insight
- With the rising demand for non-financial and narrative reporting – such as integrated reporting – what ethical data should be collected, what is being collected and how is it being used?
- What value can be extracted to better manage the organisation, and who is using this information?
Beyond the policy – embedding an ethical culture
- Embedding a corporate culture entails an organisation-wide approach. What ethical architecture and internal controls are in place, and how do these translate into management style and the working environment?
- What role do professional management accountants have?