All AICPA regular voting members who wish to obtain the CGMA designation are required to pass a strategic case study examination.
In addition to passing the exam, prior to obtaining the designation, you will need a minimum of:
1. Three years of financial (including internal audit) or management accounting experience in business, industry or government, or
2. Two years of financial or management accounting experience, plus one year in public accounting, or
3. Three years of financial/management accounting experience on a consulting basis, or
4. Three years in a management accounting role focused on the management and operation of an accounting firm
5. Accountants in Academia, click here.