Learn more about the CGMA Exam
Use these resources for preparation tips:
- An explanation of the CGMA Exam Structure - Video
- What are the CGMA Exam Competencies? - Video
- How to navigate the CGMA exam - Video
- How is the CGMA Exam Graded, and what is a passing grade?
- What do the grade descriptors mean in my CGMA exam score? - PDF document
- View an actual graded CGMA exam - PDF document
- What two forms of ID does the Pearson VUE test center require to check in? - Pearson VUE website
- Find out more about what you’ll see when checking into the Pearson VUE test center - Pearson VUE website
- CGMA Practice Exam - Pearson VUE website
How to Access and Use the CGMA Exam Prep Video Review Course
- This short video walks you through accessing the CGMA Exam Prep Video Review Course.
- To find out how to navigate and use the CGMA Exam Prep Video Review Course, watch this short video.
- Syllabus for video review course to prepare for August 2017 CGMA exam
Assessment – where am I?
Take the Management Accounting Self Assessment.
This self-assessment could help you determine which courses you need to brush up on in the CGMA Strategic Management Accounting online bundle.
Ask yourself these questions to determine your readiness to sit for the CGMA Case Study Exam.
Ready to pursue the CGMA?
Check out this simulation which takes you inside the responsibilities and roles of a CGMA through a series of strategic scenarios. Mock meetings give you a sneak peek at some of the skillsets needed to qualify for a CGMA designation, plus you’ll get a chance to assess some of your own strengths and growth opportunities. Plan about 15 minutes for this activity.
Reviewing these past exams and answers will help give you an idea of the types of tasks you may encounter in your own CGMA exam.
Find the most recent pre-seen materials for the CGMA exam here. This is required reading if you are preparing to sit for the upcoming CGMA exam. Note: This link is updated as soon as new pre-seen materials are released, about 7 weeks prior to the start of each exam window.
Review the CGMA Learning in 3 Phases for details on tasks to accomplish in each phase.
Learn how to approach writing your responses to the exam questions.
You may be asked to write a report in your CGMA exam. Here are some tips on how to approach your report writing.
Look no further for the Dos and Don’ts of CGMA Exam Prep.
Register for the CGMA Exam
Ready to register for your CGMA exam sitting?
First, be sure that you have contacted AICPA Member Services at 888-777-7077, M-F, 9a-6p ET, to request that your Pearson VUE account is created.
Then, here’s the link to our test partner’s site, where you can register at the Pearson Vue site.
If you prefer, you can register over the phone:1-800-997-1243
Pearson VUE Office Hours:
7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. CT