Why do 91 of the Fortune 100 and 95 of the world’s top 100 brands choose CGMA designation holders?
Success in today’s highly competitive and fast paced business landscape requires insight and innovation from all corners of your organisation. Finance teams in particular have to demonstrate agility, move beyond traditional reporting duties and demonstrate strategic capabilities to support the CFO to move business operations forward.
Look to professionals with the Chartered Global Management Accountant ® (CGMA®) designation to provide the insight you need to achieve sustainable business success.
Through education, examinations and experience, CGMA designation holders demonstrate expertise in finance, operations, management and business strategy. Their combination of leadership and business acumen enables them to drive better, smarter and faster performance.
What CGMA designation holders do for your business
CGMA designation holders are business strategists who link the board’s objectives with the rest of your organisation. They guide critical business decisions to create sustainable business success and:
- deliver value through their understanding of how the different parts of a business come together
- have cross-functional and global capabilities to deliver results within complex organisational structures
- empower your organisation to act entrepreneurially
- bring innovative, incisive thinking to your leadership team, and enable strategic decision-making
- help your business stay ahead of the competition. Available resources—an exclusive magazine, tools, webinars, courses, publications and research—enhance their perspective and challenge their thinking
- use the research, resources and tools provided by American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) to help their teams sharpen their accounting and business skills
- share best practices, discuss trends and network with peers at conferences, events, the online community at CGMA.org and through social media
- follow international codes of ethics to ensure that the work they do on behalf of organisations and public is of the utmost integrity.
CGMA professionals add value to some of the world’s leading organisations and are making a difference every day with their strategic contributions.
Learn how they help companies succeed in these CGMA strategic case studies.
How we can work with you
- Support you in promoting the CGMA designation to eligible staff, helping you maximise the use of CGMA resources within your organisation.
- Support graduate entry or qualification programs that lead to the CGMA designation to help drive your talent programs.
- Understand your skills and competency needs and provide CGMA development solutions across your finance function, ensuring your organisation is fully supported with resources to drive insight and influence.
Routes to the CGMA designation
The CGMA designation is powered by two of the world’s most prestigious accounting bodies, AICPA and CIMA.
This means that there are two routes to your employees securing the CGMA designation, both of which include a combination of exams and experience educationally equivalent to a master’s degree.
Through the AICPA route, CGMA designation holders must meet the requirements of AICPA membership: they must pass the Uniform CPA Examination and fulfill the education (150 credit hours) and experience requirements for CPA licensure. To obtain the CGMA, they must also fulfill management accounting experience requirements. Please note below, the changes which go into effect January 2015.
Through the CIMA route, your employees will progress through the CIMA Professional Qualification. Those who obtain the qualification, consisting of a total of 30 hours of exams, and the minimum of three years of relevant practical experience, will become a CGMA designation holder.
Beginning January 2015, both AICPA and CIMA CGMAs will be required to take the same strategic case study exam and practical experience requirements to become designation holders. For CIMA students, this is the final case study exam of the CIMA qualification.
Find out more about qualifying for the CGMA designation.
CGMA designation holders help your business stay ahead of the competition. Our resources - an exclusive magazine, tools, webinars, courses, publications and research - enhance their perspective and challenge their thinking.
Browse CGMA resources and executive summaries. (Please note that only CGMA designation holders can download reports and tools.)
Contact our employer team in your region:
South East Asia and Australasia
Middle East, South Asia and North Africa